Foundation Inspection Requirements
Please request your foundation inspection before 5pm by:
- dialling the "Foundation Inspection Line" on 1850 200 651
- faxing request to (01) 496 6548
A minimum of 3 working days notice for inspection is required (e.g for inspections on Monday, request previous Wednesday, for inspections Thursday request previous Monday).
The following information MUST be given when inspection is requested:
- HomeBond registration number(s) and address of dwelling(s) to be inspected.
- Date inspection required (note minimum 3 working days notice).
- Contact name and telephone number
Requests cannot be accepted unless accompanied by the above information
If foundations are not inspected, the Final Certificate (HB11) or Certificate of Insurance (Final Certification) may not be issued.
In cases where foundations are inspected by a Consulting Engineer this report must be forwarded to HomeBond. The Engineer must be in private practice and possess Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Main Structure Inspection Requirements
This inspection must be carried out when the dwelling is structurally complete i.e. when weather-tight structure exists with windows in place or openings polythene sheeted, roof tiles/slates on and all structural timbers including frames for stud partitions in place.
- A minimum of 14 days notice, before the dwelling is structurally complete is required for inspection.
- The following information MUST be given when inspection is requested:
- HomeBond Registration number(s) and full address of dwelling(s) to be inspected
- Date inspection required (note minimum 14 days notice).
- Member's name and Membership No.
- Contact Name and Telephone No. for Site
Requests cannot be accepted unless accompanied by the above information.