HomeBond is the leading provider of structural defect cover for new homes in the Republic of Ireland since 1978. To date more than 600,000 homes have been registered with HomeBond.
For Home Buyers the purchase of a new home is probably the biggest investment they are ever likely to make. It is vital therefore that this asset is protected. When a Home Buyer purchases a HomeBond registered home they have insurance cover* in relation to deposits, stage payments and structural defects issues.
For the Home Builder, HomeBond, through HomeBond Insurance Services Ltd, and underwritten by Allianz plc (until 2019) and HSB Munich RE (2019 – 2022), offers HomeBond Insurance. This provides latent defects insurance with deposit cover for new homes. HomeBond is dedicated to developing standards of construction, inspection dwellings and giving advice to builders on all aspects of construction.
Key Features of Latent Defects Insurance
- Loss of Deposit paid by a Purchaser on Contract of Sale
- Defects Insurance – Smoke / Water Ingress, Fire Safety & Damage (affecting use) cover 5, 10, & 12 years
- Equipment Insurance – M&E cover 5, 10, & 12 years
- Structural Insurance – Major Damage cover 10 & 12 years
- Extra Covers Included – alternative accommodation costs, professional fees, removal of debris etc.
- Underwritten by “A+” Rated Insurers
- Unique protection for Builders and Homeowners
- No security required from the Builder / Developer
- Cover effective from date of substantial completion
- Fixed price per Dwelling, excess €1,500 per unit
- Commercial/ Retail Units in Mixed-Use developments
- Conversion of Existing Buildings into Dwellings
- High Value Dwellings – Limit of Cover €1Million
- Apartments – Loss of Rent 1, 2, 3 years
- Housing Developments & ‘one off’ houses
HomeBond first produced its House Building Manual in 1993 and the bestselling publication is considered the housebuilder’s bible and is a standard reference book on construction sites is used in many third level construction related courses. The increasing complexity of the Building Regulations, the Construction Products Regulation and the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations make it critical for all in the residential construction sector to have an in-depth understanding of the relevant legislation and practical compliance requirements. The 8th edition of the Manual containing more than 1,000 drawings, charts and photographs from foundation to completion has been updated to reflect recent revisions to the Building Regulations and Building Control Regulations.
A replica print edition of the Manual is now accessible as an eManual across desktop, mobile and tablet devices or within an app on iOS and Android; and it contains additional enhancements to increase reader engagement and a modern user experience including Article View, Image Galleries and Videos, and readers can easily browse through the eManual. Our digital subscription allows instant access through the App and Web browser; and we can offer corporate digital subscriptions. Additional features include BuildSmart FAQs , ProductCheck, Technical Extra, 3D Viewer and digital Magazines. Please contact email@example.com with the number of users you would like to have access, and we will be happy to provide a quotation.
- eManual – read a replica of the print edition of the HomeBond House Building Manual, enhancements included to increase engagement and provide a modern user experience, including Article View, Image Galleries and Videos
- TGD+ – access and search the Technical Guidance Documents A -> M + other guidance
- BuildSmart FAQs – review more than 1,000 across all parts of the Building Regulations & Construction Products Regulation
- Product Check – search for reference standards and product information, including indicative Declarations of Performance across different categories of construction products
- 3D View – access a range of 3D models of typical construction details for various types of structures, updated to reflect construction industry best practice
- Videos – view a range of product / system educational videos covering key elements
- Site Works – consult and search national design standards including standard details
- Tools – use online tools to assist in compliance with regulatory requirements
- CPD – connect with a selection of CPD seminars & webinars that address key topics
- Magazines – read the Home Buyers Guide and Irish Construction News publications