The Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014 introduced strict procedural requirements at Commencement Notice stage and mandatory inspections and certificate of construction. Managing a number of building control services providers can be difficult, costly and time consuming; and HomeBond are uniquely placed to offer a customised and/or one-stop shop for a range of building control requirements. The provision of Building Control services involves an assessment of each site/development and a specific quotation will be provided for each project.
In collaboration with the Clients lead designer, our role as Design Certifier typically consists of:
- Attendance of client design team meetings
- Liaising with Ancillary Design Certifiers pre-commencement
- Plan and specification verification
- Issuing the Certificate of Compliance (Design) and ancillary schedule of design elements.
- Liaising with the Assigned Certifier and Ancillary Design Certifiers during construction
- Issuing, where relevant, a Certificate of Compliance (Design Completion).
Utilising our experienced team of inspectors and support, our role as Assigned Certifier typically involves:
- Attendance at Client design team & site meetings
- Assessment of the Certificate of Compliance (Design) and Ancillary Design Certificates
- Assessment of plans against the requirements of Building Regulation/Building Control Regulations
- Lodgement of Commencement Notices and ancillary documents
- Inspection of construction at relevant key stages
- Co-ordination of BCAR compliance
- Management of the lodgement and uploading of documentation at Completion stage
- Issuing a Certificate of Compliance (Completion)
10 Reasons for choosing HomeBond Building Control?
- Strong values that underline out commitment to building lasting customer relationships
- Impartial oversight at all times
- Expert knowledge of compliance requirements
- Broad experience across the complete range of residential developments
- Practical and commercial advice
- Competitive pricing with significant volume discounts
- Discount on HomeBond Insurance
- Experienced Director led multi-disciplinary Technical Staff
- One point of contact for all Building Control compliance
- Proactive, adaptable and flexible approach